Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Levain: Day 3 Feeding

This is day 3 in feeding "Fred". 
I just fed him about 8 hours ago. He has risen and fallen as you can see from the sides of the bowl. That is a good sign!

Here you can see up close all the activity - the bubbles. Exactly what I want to see.

I do not completely cover or seal the container. You want it to breath so I turn the lid sideways.

The towel is sitting in a bowl, "Fred's" bowl sits on top of that and I wrap the ends around him.
He lives/sits on top of of my refrigerator in the large wooden bowl and towel. He seems to like that.
It's still Winter and cold here. Nights are in the mid-30s to mid-40s currently. I live in a camper so I do not have central air and heat.  I'm using little electric heaters that sit on the floor. 
Works to keep me, my cats and "Fred" warm. Seems to work nicely for us. Spring is coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment