Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Gondorian Pork Chops

Happy Gondorian New Year and Tolkien Reading Day!

I've created a Medieval(ish) styled meal: Bread, Cheese, Olives, Raisins and Pork w/Balsamic Honey-Apricot Glaze. Glass of Red Wine to top it off.


I was inspired by the list of Medieval Spices , Medieval Fruits and of course Medieval Meats  to come up with a meal fit for a Gondorian Soldier, Ranger, Noble or Royalty.  What I ended up with tastes amazingly good. Let's not forget the Medieval Breads!




Medieval Herbs are a pinch of this and a dash of that: Cumin, Parsley, Garlic, Mustard, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Dill, Sage, Salt & Pepper. Rub spices into pork - I used one Pork Chop to experiment with for this meal.

Melted some butter and a splash of olive oil into a pan. Fried the chop on both sides then turned down the heat and deglazed the pan with balsamic vinegar, Next I stirred in some honey and apricot preserves. Let the chop cook 1 minute longer in the glaze and plated up.

The results surprised me - I though I was going to simply sacrifice one pork chop (throw it out) for this meal - but have eaten the entire chop. Very pleased with this experiment.


I ate the entire chop and want more -
 had a lot of fun today with this experimental Medieval(ish) meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment